Do you think your infant's skull is shaped differently from those of other children? Does it look odd somehow?
Do not worry too much. You have come to the right place: We will help you find out if a therapeutic correction of your child's head shape makes sense and/or is necessary. Our doctors will tell you whether you can lean back and simply rely on nature's self-regulating powers in the first few weeks of life or whether you should think about supportive treatment. Based on our findings, we will inform you fully and clearly about the opportunities for gentle helmet therapy to carefully guide cranial growth back to its normal path.
Thanks to our quick reaction network of specialists and experienced medical technicians, we can quickly take measurements necessary for the development of a tailored helmet design and then manufacture a perfect fitting one-of-a-kind helmet especially for your child.
A doctor in our CRANIOfORM® network can also be found near you. Or simply contact our CRANIOfORM®service experts, who will take all the time you need to answer any of your questions and will get you in touch with the appropriate specialists. You can also send us photographs (from above and in profile) of your child.
1. As they spend a lot of time on their back in the first few months of their life, a child's head will most likely be wider than longer, so that the back of the head seems flat and a so-called brachycephalus (shorter head) may develop.
2. The same head with individually tailored helmet to help redirect growth.
3. The helmet painlessly redirects growth toward the rear during the treatment period and thus restricts widening and allows the rear of the head to form properly.
4. After a few months of therapy the cranium has independently and successfully grown into the helmet.
5. The intended cranial form at the end of therapy - the width-length ratio significantly improved, the back of the skull is no longer flat but rounded – and will remain stable for life thanks to helmet therapy.